Drug crimes carry severe penalties under Pennsylvania and federal law. If you have been charged with possession, distribution or manufacturing of illegal drugs; improper use or distribution of prescription medications; or any other drug-related offense, you could be facing substantial fines and long-term imprisonment, and you need to be prepared to vigorously defend yourself in court.
Randall McKinney is an experienced criminal defense lawyer who represents clients in Pennsylvania state court and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. If you are facing state or federal drug charges in the greater Pittsburgh area, Attorney McKinney can defend you against the government’s aggressive prosecution tactics. Prosecuting opioid-related drug crimes is currently a top federal law enforcement priority. However, all drug crimes can lead to harsh sentencing; and, if you have been arrested for a crime involving marijuana, methamphetamine, ecstasy or any other drug, the fight to protect your future starts now.
Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorney for State and Federal Drug Crimes
Attorney McKinney has extensive experience in state and federal cases involving a broad range of drugs and drug crimes. Contact us today for a free consultation about your case involving:
- Illegal possession of a controlled substance
- Manufacturing or cultivating illegal drugs
- Possession with the intent to distribute (PWID)
- Possession of steroids
- Prescription drug fraud (including mislabeling prescriptions and obtaining prescription medications through unlawful means)
- Trafficking in or importing controlled substances
- Conspiracy to commit a drug-related offense
Sentencing Factors for Drug Crimes Under Pennsylvania and Federal Law
What penalties are you facing in your state or federal drug case? The answer depends on a variety of factors. However, in general terms, the penalties for state and federal drug crimes can range from months to decades of incarceration and thousands to millions of dollars in fines. Some of the key factors that will determine what is at stake in your drug case include:
- Whether you are being charged under Pennsylvania or federal law
- Whether you are being charged with possession, PWID, manufacturing, trafficking, fraud or another offense
- The type(s) and quantity(ies) of drugs involved
- Your prior criminal record (if any)
- Whether weapons were involved in the alleged crime
During your free initial consultation with Attorney McKinney, he will review the facts of your case to determine what you have at stake and what defenses you have available. Armed with this information, he can develop and execute a custom-tailored defense strategy designed to protect you to the fullest extent possible. Whether your best option is to negotiate for a reduced sentence or a reduced charge or fight your case in court, when you hire Attorney McKinney, you can feel confident knowing that he is doing everything possible to protect you.
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation Now
To put Attorney McKinney’s decade of experience in state and federal drug cases on your side, contact McKinney Law now to schedule your free initial consultation. Call us 24/7 at (412) 520-3301 or tell us how to reach you and Attorney McKinney will be in touch as soon as possible.